The National Forum for Balanced Success 'Seeds of Balanced Success' Series provides you with a brief overview of the 12 cornerstone principles essential for your Balanced Success.|
It can serve as a refresher and a reminder when you feel your balance may be slightly off track or when you simply need to reflect on the vital food that feeds our mind and soul.
Cornerstone Principle 4:
Replace Effort With Focused Activity
Generally it is assumed that great results have always required equally great efforts and it's perhaps why so many who attain so called success are so physically exhausted and disappointed by the time they struggle to the so called top.
The reality is that there is a way you can dissolve the pressures and mental toxins and by focusing in a certain way on only the goals you want to achieve, you can achieve this in an effortless way. Your activities begin to flow in a natural and satisfying way towards your goals. The following activity is just one of the ways that you can enhance your level of focus.
Alternate Nostril Breathing
Breathing is so simple and so obvious we often take it for granted, ignoring the immense power it has to affect body, mind and spirit. With each inhale we bring oxygen into the body and spark the transformation of nutrients into fuel. Each exhale purges the body of toxic waste in the form of carbon dioxide.
As you become more comfortable with the technique you can increase the count but it is important that you remain comfortable.
- Sitting comfortably take your right hand and, tucking the index and middle fingers into the palm, place the thumb by your right nostril and the ring and little fingers by your left.
- Close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril to the count of 8 visualising ‘energy, health and vitality' flowing into your body as you do so
- Close the left nostril with the ring finger and, releasing the thumb, exhale through the right nostril to the same count of 8 visualising the ‘energy, health and vitality' flowing from your head to your toes.
- After exhalation is complete inhale through the same nostril to the count of 8. Then close it with the thumb and, releasing the ring finger, exhale from the left nostril to the count of 8 again.
- Continue in this way for several minutes and repeat twice daily.
The main benefits of this technique are that it calms the mind, soothes anxiety and stress, balances our left and right hemispheres and it promotes clear thinking.
The National Forum for Balanced Success is dedicated to instilling power, passion and balanced success into your life. You will be exposed to an abundance of techniques, strategies and ideas that will help you create the paths you want to take to ensure that you achieve what you set out to achieve. Click Here to find out more about the powerful balanced growth formula in our latest publication.
Click Here for the next Cornerstone in the 'Seeds of Balanced Success' mini-course